الأحد، 5 فبراير 2012

Scleroderma

Scleroderma is derived from the Greek words skleros (hard or indurated) and derma (skin). Hippocrates first described this condition as thickened skin.[1] Carlo Curzio (1752) offered the first detailed description of scleroderma in a patient with hard skin, which he described as woodlike or as containing a dry hide. In 1836, Giovambattista Fantonetti applied the term scleroderma to a patient's condition.[2] He applied the term to describe a patient with dark leatherlike skin who exhibited a loss of range of joint motion due to skin tightening. Robert H. Goetz first described in detail the concept of scleroderma as a systemic disease in 1945; he introduced the term progressivesystemic sclerosis  to emphasize the systemic and often progressive nature of the disease.

Definition

The term systemic sclerosis is used to describe a systemic disease characterized by skin induration and thickening accompanied by various degrees of tissue fibrosis and chronic inflammatory infiltration in numerous visceral organs, prominent fibroproliferative vasculopathy, and humoral and cellular immune alterations.
The American College of Rheumatology (ACR) criteria for the classification of systemic sclerosis require one major criterion or two minor criteria, as follows:
  • Major criterion: Proximal scleroderma is characterized by symmetric thickening, tightening, and induration of the skin of the fingers and the skin that is proximal to the metacarpophalangeal or metatarsophalangeal joints. These changes may affect the entire extremity, face, neck, and trunk (thorax and abdomen; see images below). Tightening of the skin in the face, with a charactTightening of the skin in the face, with a characteristic beaklike facies and paucity of wrinkles. Sclerodactyly with digital ulceration, loss of skiSclerodactyly with digital ulceration, loss of skin creases, joint contractures, and sparse hair.
  • Minor criteria
    • Sclerodactyly is characterized by thickening, induration, and tightening of the skin, limited to only the fingers.
    • Digital pitting scars or a loss of substance from the finger pad: As a result of ischemia, depressed areas of the fingertips or a loss of digital pad tissue occurs.
    • Bibasilar pulmonary fibrosis includes a bilateral reticular pattern of linear or lineonodular densities most pronounced in basilar portions of the lungs on standard chest roentgenography. These densities may assume the appearance of diffuse mottling or a honeycomb lung and are not attributable to primary lung disea

هناك تعليق واحد:

  1. My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/ drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Herpes Virus, Lupus, HPV, Cancer, Hiv/Aids, Hepatitis, Als, MS, Menstrual Cramp, Fribroid.

    ردحذف